mardi 14 janvier 2014

Misty Boyce

The amazing Misty Boyce agreed to answer some questions.

Visit her website: http://mistyboyce.com/, read this interview, share her music and follow her @mistyboyce.


You can now buy Misty Boyce glasses-face T-Shirt online here:
http://mistyboyce.bandcamp.com/merch/red-glasses-face
 


Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Las Cruces, New Mexico


When have you start studies music?

I started taking piano lessons at 5


What was your after-school job?

I started making money playing music at 14, so I was lucky enough not to have to get a crappy job.


When and how did you become interested in pursuing a music career?

I was obsessed with Mariah Carey and wanted her life, and then when I was 9, I saw a movie called “A Thing Called Love” and that made me aware that being a singer and songwriter was something you could do.


You began as the keyboardist for The Naked Brothers Band, now we often heard the guitars....

I’m not sure that I understand the question! I like playing both keyboards and guitar…guitar has just been more readily available to me the past year.


What is your favorite instrument?

DRUMS!!


What are the different types of genres that you sing in?


Ooooh I don’t know! I love almost every genre and try my best at all of them!


If you could dabble in another genre of music, what would it be?


Country. Or super POP like Lady Gaga.


The list of singers with whom you have worked are many, I quote a few: Ingrid Michaelson, Bess Rogers and all the band Secret Someones (Hannah Winkler, Lelia Broussard..), recently Sara Bareilles and many others, are you again open to the idea of collaborating with other female singers?


Yes! I love working with other musicians, and especially other women! It’s super fun and has a different kind of energy.


You released your first self-titled album in 2010 (Misty Boyce), your new 'Tough Love EP' in 2013. What is the title of your next album and when it will be selling?


I don’ t have a name for it yet but it will be out this year! We’re in the mixing process now…


Can you promote some links to discover your music?

http://mistyboyce.bandcamp.com/album/tough-love-ep

http://mistyboyce.bandcamp.com/track/hands-untied


Do you think the songwriting has changed for you like as a solo singer-songwriter?

Most definitely! I think my songwriting changes based on who I’m listening to at the moment! And I definitely aspire to simplifying…becoming more and more honest and less focused on writing a “cool” song.


What was your style when you were teenager?

I was trying to sound exactly like Tori Amos.


Are you satisfied with your music and image, or would you like to change something about it?

I think it’s natural never to be satisfied fully, but in general I’m happy to continue searching for myself, in life and music, and I hope that’s conveyed in whatever image I portray.


You started with your glasses, then with your contact lenses, and now your red glasses are your logo... A comment about that for my site?

My red glasses were a gift from a dear person in my life and I’m so happy they’ve become my “thing”. I like wearing glasses more in general because I feel like my eyes get more oxygen.


Have you developed a new video and when will your video be promoted?

I have not! This is something I will do soon in support of the new record.


Do you have plans for 2014?

I’m doing a small tour in the spring in the US and another tour in Germany in September. Other than that I’m trying to focus on finishing up this record, making some videos, and getting it all out there!


What would you like to say to all your fans?

I’m so incredibly grateful to all those out there who support me. You motivate and inspire me to keep going and I can’t thank you enough for that!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire