vendredi 28 mars 2014

Emma Stevens

Emma Nadine Stevens is an amazing folk/country/pop singer-songwritter from Surrey. Her voice is so beautiful and heavenly to listen to, the album 'Enchanted' is amazing! I love her music and her videos and I'm honored to interview her.
Please read, share and listen to her songs!

Her website:
http://emmastevensmusic.com/

Recently Emma started to wear her glasses more frequently, go check it out to her shows




Emma Nadine Stevens is your real name?

YUP!


Where did grow up?

Guildford


What were your dreams of future when you were a kid?

Always wanted to be involved with music, performing and the arts, just dreamt I'd be happy really!


When your passion for music started?

I was about 2! Always trying to make noises out of things!


How did you figure out you can sing and do you remember the first song ever sung?

I still to this day have to convince myself I can sing! Hehe, silly really. I come from a very musical playing background and for me, my voice is just a way of expressing lyrics, ideas, melodies and feelings. I think everyone can sing!


Music had to be a big part of your family life, who else in your family plays music?

My Mum played nylon string guitar, which is what got me started in the first place


How do you write your songs? Lyrics or music first?

Bit of both - a title idea, a melody idea, sometimes even just a chord sequence.


Who or what inspire you?

Lots of things, people, music, art, friends, the ocean, the elements, happiness, sadness, soul searching… Lots!


How would you define your music?

surf pop folk … So… Spolk?!


Your album Enchanted is a success. We saw you in all rankings (itunes, BBC ... etc). Did you feel when you were writing that album that it would end up being so well received by fans and critics alike?

I had no idea! Just wanted to deliver an honest and good album where people could tell I had worked hard on it.


You are very present with your fans on social networks, it is a desire to want to stay close to people?

It is a desire to show my gratitude for their support, and a desire to break the barrier between artists and fans. We are all just human beings at the end of the day with music in common. It's great to become friends.


Will you be going back into the studio soon?

I'm currently in studio working on album 2!!


Any plans for a tour in Europe? France?

I hope to get over to Benelux for a week or radio promo, dream of touring Europe!


What’s the most exciting thing about being on the road?

being able to perform my music all over


What are the most memorable recent gigs times and why?

I played BBC Radio 2 in Hyde Park last year and headlined the BBC Introducing stage- that was a bit epic!


Your new single "Riptide" is out in February, how has the reception been so far?

Good.. I think!


How did you have to the idea for this new video?

It was actually the wonderful idea of Gavin Randall for Melting Point Media


For a few months you chose to wear your glasses more often for your photos and videos, is my blog has influenced you?

It all depends on how I feel, I love wearing glasses and I love your blog!


The glasses will become your new trademark?

I think it already is to a certain extent


Have you discovered some singers on my blog?

Yes, it's so insightful!


Who are some of your favorite performers to watch?

John Mayer..


What’s the one thing that your fans would be the most surprised to find out about you that they don’t already know?

I failed my cycling proficiency test and I have a red belt in TaeKwondo!


Where do you see your self in the next 5 years?

Hopefully on tour.


Is there anything else that you are working on that you’d like to talk about?

HEADLINE TOUR!! Starts .. TOMORROW!! 26th March! xx


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire